I’m assuming you’ve got GIMP and you’ve installed the GIMP Plugins.
I’m also assuming you know how to use CTU since reading my last tutorial… If not, refresh yourself by reading this tutorial: https://shyneinnocence.wordpress.com/2010/10/06/hair-retextures-using-gimp/
Get GIMP 2 here: http://www.gimp.org/ IT’S FREE AND AWESOME
For instructions on how to install plugins, refer to Plugins Tutorial.
- 1. Open up CTU (Found here: http://www.simprograms.com/8074/new-sims-3-tool-beta-delphys-cas-texture-unitool/)
- 2. Select Adult, Female, Makeup from the drop down menus.
- 3. Select an eyeshadow from the squares below. Any one will do.
- 4. Click designs, textures, add new design, add new blank.
- 5. Click on the Facial Overlay part of the grid. Click find on the bottom left. Click Export in the new window. Export it as Eyeshadow_FO somewhere you’ll remember.
- 6. Now open it up in GIMP. Notice how it’s really hard to see? Want a reference image? I have a face you can refer to right here. Download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p0axawpru84j8d6/afFace_m_0x40e5744b0dbfc323.dds
- 7. Ok, if you want to use the face a reference just open it up in GIMP and copy and paste the Eyeshadow_FO over the top. Don’t forget to make it a ‘New Layer’, otherwise you might merge them together, and that’s far too sticky to get apart! Lol
- 8. Edit your eyeshadow how you like. The more white, the more saturated the colour. Oh, and don’t forget to keep your background transparent!
- 9. Save your eyeshadow. Make sure you delete the reference image from underneath, if you used one.
- 10. Go back into CTU. Select the Facial Overlay from the grid. Then click replace. Select your saved eyeshadow and replace it. Then hit commit down the bottom right. Ta-da!
- 11. But wait, this is only one colour – I want to do more than one color! (That will be my next tutorial lol)
- 12. Go into the meshes tab. Rename your mesh to something like: MYAWESOMEEYESHADOW and then hit commit. Then hit file, save as, and save into your PACKAGES folder.
- 13. Want help with the actual eyeshadow editing? Play around with the filters. You might be surprised by what you can create😉
- 14. Hope this helped you a little, Pudding J Sorry if I missed anything!😄 Multi colour eyeshadow tutorial coming soon!😀